Our Minnesota Fightin’ Vikings fell to the Detroit Lions 16-14 Sunday at Ford Field.
The Vikings (6-8) jumped out to a 14-0 lead, but couldn’t hold on as Teddy Bridgewater threw two picks, Blair Walsh missed 3 field goals (including a 68-yard game winner), and Zimmer displayed some questionable clock management skills to close out the game.
As many positives as this young team has shown this year, this is a game that good teams win. We did not Sunday, but we recap.
Close But No Cigar Talkie Points Include:
• The Weekly Referendum on Teddy Bridgewater
• Mike Zimmer’s Clock Management Game
• Blair Walsh Yikes
• Matt Asiata Wasn’t Terrible
• The Curious Case of Cordarrelle Patterson
• Welcome Back Kyle Rudolph
• That Zimmer Hellfire Defense
• Gerald Hodges Love
• #PurpleFTW Helmet Stickers
• The Adrian Peterson Elephant in the room
All that and other “Coffee is For Closers Only” jibber-jabber on this edition of the #PurpleFTW Podcast!
An Andy Carlson Joint.