Eric Galko of @OptimumScouting joins the podcast to talk about the upcoming NFL Draft and what it means for our Minnesota Fightin’ Vikings. Slick Rick Spielman hit on Anthony Barr and Teddy Bridgewater last year and he looks to add to his draft haul of seven 1st round picks in the last three seasons. The Vikings are currently picking at #11 but who knows if they stay there, if Adrian Peterson is moved, or if Rick hops back into the end of the first round as has been his usual move. Eric helps me break it all down from a scouting perspective as we take an in depth look at prospects who could be on the Vikings radar.
On the Clock Talking Points Include:
• How Eric got into scouting
• The genesis behind Optimum Scouting
• Overall thoughts on the 2014 Vikings
• If Eric were Spielman, would he: A) Trade Adrian? B) If so, what compensation?
• Vikings needs coming into the draft
• Positional Comparisons: Who ya got?
• CB: Trae Waynes, Marcus Peters, Kevin Johnson, Byron Jones
• WR: DeVante Parker, Kevin White, Amari Cooper, DGB
• Takes on Brandon Scherff and Ali Marpet
• LB: Paul Dawson, Shaq Thompson, Eric Kendricks, Benardrick McKinney
• DE: Preston Smith, Bobby Richardson, Lynden Trail, Randy Gregory
• RB: David Cobb, David Johnson, Jay Ajayi
• Sleeper names that would be good fits: Ben Heeney and PJ Williams
• An #TradrianPeterson scenario based on OS mock draft
• What does Eric think of Spielman as a GM?
• Eric’s STONE COLD HOT TAKE(s)
• What’s the Dream Bowl?
All that and other “We LOVE Brandon Fusco” chatter on this edition of the Purple FTW! Podcast!
An Andy Carlson Joint.
Listen to the Episode Below (45:36)