Draft expert Matt Waldman (@MattWaldman) creator of the Rookie Scouting Portfolio and contributor at Football Guys and Football Outsiders joins the show to take go in depth on who the Vikings may be targeting in the draft at the end of the month. Our Minnesota Fightin’ Vikings have many options at the #11 pick, aren’t hurting for a clear cut need, still could move Adrian Peterson, and we all know Slick Rick Spielman’s propensity to make moves in the first round.
On the clock talking points include:
• Studio is officially titled the “Ramos McDonald Lounge”
• Vikings News
• Romo restructures. Conflicting reports of Adrian to the Cowboys
• I think Spielman has an Adrian deal in place
• Greg Jennings April Fool
• Vikings sign Mike Kafka, Caesar “Dressing” Rayford, and a Long Snapper
• Offseason Schedule announced
• Harrison Smith extended. Nope
• Interview with Matt Waldman
• The work that goes into the Rookie Scouting Portfolio
• Where did he have Teddy ranked coming in?
• What about McKinnon and Cordarrelle?
• The Vikings’ options at #11
• Kevin White vs Amari Cooper vs DaVante Parker
• Eric Kendricks vs Shaq Thompson
• Brandon Scherff vs La’el Collins
• Trae Waynes vs Marcus Peters
• Todd Gurley vs Melvin Gordon
• Late first round target Spielman may trade back in for
• David Cobb vs David Johnson vs Jay Ajayi vs Ameer Abdullah
• Late Round Sleepers: Brandon Bridge, Shane Carden, Zach Zenner, Darius Davis
• Why small school prospects get missed
• Jameis Winston is like Eli Manning
• Matt’s STONE COLD HOT TAKE (2)
• The Gauntlet
• Super Sleeper: Kenny Bell
• Your Twitter questions
• I’m starting a change.org petition for a Waffle House in the Twin Cities
• Zane Clemendale – TE – Albuquerque A&T
• What to look for coming up from Matt
All that and other “tell me more about the beauty of Teddy Bridgewater” on this edition of the Purple FTW! Podcast!
An Andy Carlson Joint.
Listen to the Episode Below (1:32:57)