Christian Ponder returns to Minnesota Saturday as the Oakland Raiders roll into The Bank to take on our Minnesota Fightin’ Vikings in some preseason action. There are other (less funny) storylines coming into this third of five preseason games for the Purple Peeps, Arif Hasan (@ArifHasanNFL) joins us for his weekly spot to cover some of the main talkers.
Other “Khalil vs Kalil” Talkers Include
• More Than Words campaign winding down, still time to donate!
• Arif’s new theme song…
• Christian Ponder back in Minnesota. The NFL schedule makers are LOLing.
• Bykowski out, is Yankey next up at backup left tackle?
• What’s Scott Crichton going to bring to the table?
• Danielle Hunter has been solid, despite few “gifable” plays.
• Zimmer throws cold water on the Exum train.
• Robert Blanton is William Hung?
• Post Mecca Abdullah is my favorite indie band.
• Anthony Barr back. What should we expect?
• Waynes out of the nickel. Focusing on LCB.
• Cordarrelle to Carolina? Who says no?
• Derek Carr or Teddy Bridgewater?….. (Stop laughing)
• Amari Cooper + Michael Crabtree could be a great combo.
• Khalil-vs-Kalil *Cue Foreboding Music*
• What to look for Saturday.
• Bottom of the roster: Who’s alive & who’s dead man walking?
• Justin Trattou should play safety.
• Can all the pectoral injuries be blamed on strength training? (Spoiler: No)
• Vikings head strength & conditioning coach Evan Marcus is a scary dude.
• Surprise to make the 53? Surprise cut? (I pick B-Rob)
• Audie Cole vs Eric Kendricks. If a tie, who wins?
All that and other “Please unblock me on Twitter, Sam Ponder” chatter on this edition of the Purple FTW! Podcast!
An Andy Carlson Joint.
Listen to the Episode Below (49:49)